Opening Year: 2006
Punta Espada is a Jack Nicklaus signature golf course beautifully integrated into the existing landscape of Cap Cana. Enjoy spectacular sea views and close-up encounters with nature, while you tackle this course. 9 holes are situated directly on the ocean side and all 18 holes have unique ocean views.
Punta Espada was designed to incorporate the natural features of the landscape into its topography; the bluffs, the beach, the lagoons, and the foliage. The design also guarantees that golfers of all levels are accommodated, including those playing at world championship level.
In 2008, 2009 and 2010 the PGA Champions Tour played the Cap Cana Championship at Punta Espada. Golf Week Magazine selected Punta Espada as the best golf course in the Caribbean and Mexico for 2010, 2011 and 2012.
Designer: Jack Nicklaus
Holes along the ocean: 9
Holes with ocean view: 18
Driving range: Yes, included
Caddies: Mandatory, included
Restaurant / bar: Yes
Brand: Callaway Big Bertha
Price: US$ 50
Please note that each golfer is required to have a set of golf clubs, i.e. sharing clubs is not permitted.
Twilight / afternoon rate:
US$ 295 after 1:00 pm
Golf course maintenance:
Important to know:
- Food and beverages are not included.
- Proper golf attire is required, i.e. polo shirt with collar and sleeves, bermuda shorts / long pants / golf skirt for women and golf shoes with soft spikes or tennis shoes.
- Each tee time will be filled with 4 golfers.
- Non-golfers (riders) are allowed. Please note that there is an additional charge for the rider who is required to ride in the golf cart.
- Although the mandatory caddie is included, a tip after the round of US$ 15-20 per person is expected.
- Roundtrip transportation is included in the price. Please note that transportation is always shared and you may have to stop along the way to pick up / drop off other people at other hotels than yours.
- For bookings from hotels that are located in Uvero Alto (e.g. Sivory, Zoetry Agua, Excellence Punta Cana, Sirenis, Dreams Punta Cana, Nouvelles Frontieres, etc.), please note that a minimum of 2 golfers is required and that there is an extra transportation charge of US$ 15 per golfer.
- For Bookings from hotels that are located inside Cap Cana Resort (Sanctuary Cap Cana, Eden Roc at Cap Cana, Marina Sands Cap Cana, etc.), the Cap Cana guest rate applies. Tee times must be booked through the hotels and is only available for guests at Cap Cana resort.
All information and prices are subject to change without prior notice. Prices are valid until Apr. 16, 2017.
Book you tee time:
Click the BOOK NOW button above to request a tee time. Once we receive your request, we will contact you by email with a confirmation of your reservation and organize the payment. Please note that your reservation is not confirmed until you have heard from us by email and the payment has been made. You can also contact us directly by email at email@example.com.
A full credit card payment is required upon reservation. We charge in USD + 3.6% fee (valid ID, billing address and credit card authorization must be provided) OR A full wire transfer to our account in J.P. Morgan Chase is required upon reservation.
Change of reservation:
Reservations may be changed up to 72 hours prior to tee time. All changes must be requested and confirmed in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to be valid.
Reservations cancelled a minimum of 72 hours prior to tee time are eligible for a full refund. Reservations cancelled less than 72 hours prior to tee time are not eligible for any refunds unless a valid medical report is presented. All reservations must be cancelled and confirmed in writing to email@example.com in order to be valid.
Please note that it is entirely up to the decision of the golf director of the golf course whether or not a rain check will be issued due to bad weather conditions. There may be an additional charge for transportation. Please note that certain terms and conditions may apply.